Saturday, February 23, 2013

I'm Sure We'd Be Great Friends

Do you remember the scene the movie "Notting Hill," where William's sister has a surprise meeting with Anna?  Honey rambles on about how her and Anna could be friends.

"Oh God, this is one of those key moments in life, when it's possible you can be really, genuinely cool - and I'm failing 100%. I absolutely and totally and utterly adore you and I think you're the most beautiful woman in the world and more importantly I genuinely believe and have believed for some time now that we can be best friends. What do YOU think?"

I have those moments all the time.  Not that I'm meeting celebrities, but when I watch TV or read someone's blog.  Right now I'm watching the Food Network and I think Trish Yearwood and I could be great friends.  I also think the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond and I could hang out, cook some yummy food, and tool around the ranch.  I started reading Ree's blog a few years ago, so I feel like I know her. 

I also think quite a few of the other woman, whose blogs I read, could be friends.  When you read about someone's life for years, you feel like you know them and could go for lunch or drinks, and send them Christmas Cards.  But my blog crushes are all over the US and sadly I will probably never meet any of them in person.  Too bad, I'm sure we'd be great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment