Thursday, February 21, 2013

You Can't Go Wrong With Cinnamon

I love food, all kinds of food, and my girlish figure can confirm this.  One thing I really love, CINNAMON.  Cinnamon rolls, snickerdoodle cookies, coffee cake, and the one thing I could eat every evening with a cup of tea, cinnamon sugar toast. 
Last night I had to make a trip to the grocery store and actually wasn't in a hurry so I stopped at Dunkie and grabbed a coffee.  Down the second aisle of the grocery store I spotted these, imagine my delight.
  
 I think what sucked me in was the writing on the top corner of the package, beckoning me to buy it, "DELICIOUS SNACK serve with cheese, coffee, or tea."  Coffee, you say?  Well I've got a fresh cup of Dunkie right here.  Into the cart it went. 
Usually when I get a coffee before going to the store, it means I will take my time and go up and down every aisle, not tonight.  I quickly grabbed the rest of the things from my list and headed to the car.
I'm going to preface what I did next, so I don't look like a total pig.  I hadn't eaten since breakfast and it was 7 pm.  With that said, I unloaded the groceries into the car, got in the front seat, and then proceeded to rifle through the bags to find my cinnamon treasure.  I tore open the package and pulled out a nicely wrapped snack.


 I thought, if they went through the trouble to individually wrap these up, they are going to be delicious!!!!  I unwrapped the wax paper around my cinnamon treat and found a crisp, round, cracker, covered in cinnamon sugar, and looking yummy.

 I took the first bite and could immediately taste cinnamon sugar.  Then it hit me, the after taste was horrendous.  Now, you could pretty much offer me a turd covered in cinnamon sugar and I would graciously accept your offer, but this, I imagine, tasted worse.  The extra virgin olive oil gave my treat a bitter, nasty taste.  I suppose I deserved this, since I basically was "sneaking" these treats because we just started watching what we eat and these were going to be my secret indulgence.
When I got home and unpacked the bags, I opened up the package to take a few pictures, and can you believe I fell for that cinnamon again.  One more bite, maybe I just got a bad one....Nope, the second bite was just as bad as the first.  I yanked them off the counter and into the garbage they went. 
I can say, this experience has not changed my love for cinnamon.  I will continue to be a sucker for monkey bread, cinnamon pretzels, spiced cinnamon nuts, sticky buns.......

No comments:

Post a Comment