Friday, February 15, 2013

Fish On Fridays

I have been super lazy today and once again have a million things I should be doing.  One of the million things is to clean the kitchen after last nights Valentine's dinner.  We made pierogi with kraut and potatoes, steak, Hungarian sausage, and Polish sausage.  We got the sausage from The Keego Harbor Specialty Sausage Co. and it was delish. 
Let me say I'm glad we had the caveman dinner of meat, meat, and more meet, since today is the first Friday of Lent.  I'm thinking tuna noodle casserole is the answer.  I didn't want to use a cream soup, so I'll probably try out this recipe with the cooking cream.  There was another recipe that used regular cream cheese, but that made a 9x13 pan, which is too much for the two of us.

Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole
 
Ingredients
1 tub (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Original Cooking Creme
2 cups egg noodles, cooked
2 cans (5 oz. each)chunk light tuna in water, drained, flaked 
1 cup frozen peas
1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, undrained
8 Ritz crackers, crushed (about 1/3 cup)
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
 
Directions
1.  HEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  COMBINE first 5 ingredients in 1-1/2-quart casserole; cover.
3.  BAKE 20 min. Meanwhile, mix cracker crumbs and butter.
4.  STIR casserole; top with crumbs. Bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until topping is golden brown
 
I will use fresh sauteed mushroom instead of the canned.  I might switch the topping to potato chips also.  I'll let you know how it turns out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment