Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Forward

Yesterday we "sprung forward," although I hate losing the hour of sleep, I really love the fact that winter is almost over.  I don't like the cold.  I like sunny days over 72 degrees.  I can say I did the most awesome thing this winter, something that made me appreciate winter a little more,  Ice boating. 

Go Blue


"The Pickle" which I rode in.

For those of you that have never heard of ice boating, you are pretty much in a small sail boat with ice skates on the sides and the back.  I'm sure the ice boaters of the world just cringed at my description, but it gives you a good visual.  We didn't get going too fast, as the wind wasn't cooperating the day I went out, but I would say we got up to 30 mph.  Some boats can reach speeds of 100 mph in good conditions.  It was seriously one of the coolest things I've ever experienced.  If you get the chance to go ice boating, take it!


No comments:

Post a Comment