Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The PERFECT Guacamole

For my Superbowl Post I talked about the secret ingredient to our guacamole.  Well I'm revealing the secret so all of you can have our delicious guacamole for Cinco de Mayo.   I have seen many recipes for Guacamole, some with garlic, cilantro, with tomato, without tomato, but this is how we like ours. Our friends like it too, there is never any left when we serve this.


Ingredients:
  • 6 medium hass avocados
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1/3 cup red onion, diced
  • 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
  • 1 Tablespoon Siracha
  • kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste

Directions:
  • Halve avocados and cut a cross hatch pattern in flesh. This will make the perfect size pieces and cuts down on mashing.  Spoon into a large bowl.
  • Juice lime diectly over avocado.
  • Add diced onion, tomato, and Siracha.
  • Slightly mash with a fork.  There should still be chunks.
  • Add salt and pepper to taste.
 
We put one of the pits in the bowl to keep it from turning brown.  Serve with tortilla chips.
And there you have it, the Perfect Guacamole. Now I'm going to eat guacamole until I can't move.

No comments:

Post a Comment